10.12.2013

So much to do...so little time.

About 15 more days until closing. Wow. I have so much to do. Our final walk through is a week from Wednesday!   Things we are still waiting on:

- Sod and landscape
- Shutters on the stone
- Mailbox
- Lamp post in front yard
- Natural gas is not on yet
- An actual working garage door (it's been installed, but not working)
- Paint the front door
- Flooring in dining room
- Complete hardwood in foyer
- Missing cabinet in kitchen
- Dishwaher, stove, microwave
- Interior door handles
- Stain the handrail on the stairs
- 2 windows with broken seals

There is probably more to this list, but I can't think right now.  I met my dad there on Friday, and he pointed out a lot of sketchy work that I may not have noticed.  A lot of it has to do with how humid it has been- but I was told that the A/C was being run....it did not feel like it.  The pantry/bedroom/closet door were recently painted and then were closed while wet.  So most of the paint is peeling and is sticky. We also noticed a lot of chunks of trim missing and none of the window sills are finished. Big scratches in the window sills. Things that kept bothering me were that a lot of the light switch covers were put on crookedly.  I thought this would be a problem during the drywall phase, as the holes for the light switches were not straight lines.  Also, the cabinets that are over the space for the refrigerator are not in line with each other.  The door on the left is a hung a good 2 inches higher than the right. I forgot to snap a picture.   I know these are easy fixes, but seriously, use some common sense. I am happy that now is the first time we've seen sloppy work, everything was done very well in regards to the framing and foundation of the home.

My sister managed to get a few pictures. I'm so bad at taking blog worthy pictures while I'm there!



Excuse our extra half bath in the front yard :)

Standing a the island, looking into the family room, with the nook to the guest bedroom on the right.

Repost from a previous blog entry to show the missing cabinet.

Not in focus, sorry.  Looking through the master bath into the closet. You can't see my closet here.
Morning room windows looking into our very bare backyard.

A big puddle of a deck.  When is this rain going to stop?!




A (dysfunctional) family photo. Clearly, I was the only one ready. And seriously with this humidity...it's October, it's supposed to be a good month for my hair.


 So yes, there is a lot to be done. I am truly hopeful that the home is done in time for our walkthrough on the 23rd!


No comments:

Post a Comment