10.08.2013

3 More Weeks...

UPDATE!!! Thanks to a fellow Palermo blogger, it was pointed out that we were missing a recessed light in the kitchen! Since I've only seen it in the picture I posted below, I didn't notice! I e-mailed our PM and said that the recessed light was there before, where did it go?! He said it was drywalled over.  Um. What. Who drywalls over a recessed light can??? I was told it would be fixed this weekend!

I was called back to work, so I am still getting during the shutdown. I'm really hoping we will still be able to close on time, but understand if we can't. I'll be in this house for the rest of my life, waiting a few more weeks won't kill me! :)

Today is 20 days from our projected close date.  I'm going to steal the idea from other bloggers and do a top 20 countdown of things we love in the house! 

So far I have the U-Haul, movers, natural gas, water, electric, mail and Dish set-up. I still need to figure out trash and internet.

I went to the house Friday and just happened to talk to one of our PMs.  We learned that our carpet would not be installed until the A/C was on, due to the fact that it's been 85 (plus) degrees the last few weeks and in the 60s at night- apparently the carpet needs to be in a consistent temperature.  Makes sense! We also noticed a few issues- trim has separated from the wall in a lot of places and there are a lot of holes in the drywall that looked like they were quickly patched and then painted.  They are very soft.  Also, the first thing I noticed, the thermostat in the family room was installed crooked! I know, easy fix, but it was driving me crazy!  We also had our deadbolts installed. No more going over whenever we want! On Friday the only change I noticed was...the hardwood!  Here's a sneak peek:
A little dirty, but that's okay. There's so much texture to it.

Aaron stopped by today and....we have light!!
Why does everything look better with recessed lights?
In the meantime, I've been shopping and planning.  I picked up these chairs at Target last week:
Gotta get some new pillows. I want something colorful. Excuse the dog toys. :)
I also ordered a rug from RugsUSA.com.  There's a Groupon for 54-56% off!
I paid $55 for the Groupon...and then $6 on the website for the remaining balance!


No comments:

Post a Comment