5.12.2013

the ride so far..

We've been wanting to move almost since we moved in.  We love our house, hate strongly dislike our neighbors (well, really one in particular).  Here's reason #5023 we're moving, keep in mind that this is an everyday occurrence:

Yup, right behind our driveway, blocking access to a sidewalk. EVERY SINGLE DAY. (Note: The cars parked there are not always this particular trailer, and not always attached to the same neighbor.)

So, after months of searching through Trulia, I came across a new development in Chesapeake, VA. I've always wanted to build, so I thought I'd ask my dad to tag along with me to the model to look "for the future"...

April 20, 2013

This was my first visit to the new Ryan Homes community. I love the location. It took 5 minutes from my dad's business (that my husband- we'll call him Aaron- works at a couple hours a week, and I stop by about once a month), so that's a plus! We toured the Ravenna and I was sold. My dad (whose opinion I take into consideration often) seemed to really like it too. The floorplan was exactly what I was looking for, it was pretty, etc. So I got the info and took it home to Aaron. He wasn't completely sold, but decided we could go look...

Side Note... My favorite running shoe is the Ravenna model by Brooks. This had to be a sign. 

May 1, 2013

Aaron I toured the Ravenna again. He was now sold on the idea. He enjoyed the feeling of new. We decided to build our home on paper that weekend.

May 5, 2013

Aaron and I ventured back to the Ravenna- but with a different plan of action. After looking through all the floor plans, I took a second look at the Palermo. Basically the same house, but no formal living room (I didn't want one anyway!). Oh and it was $10K less! WOO! So we decided to build that one out, I really didn't mind the monthly payment or down payment, but needed time to think about it. Throughout this week, I was in Excel for hours a day (I'm a nerd) and we were looking up pictures of the Palermo. I'm very thankful for other blogs...they really helped with the decision process. I went to the site twice during the week before we ended up where we are today...

May 12, 2013

LOT 47 SOLD!!!!
 
After about a 2.5 hour meeting (we ask a lot of questions),  we signed our contract and put down our lot reservation payment! So very excited about the next 5 months! 

This week we will meet with NVR Mortgage, shouldn't have any problems, but you never know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment