5.21.2013

meetings.

It's been a long half week of meetings. Friday we had the loan meeting. Wow, my hand hurt. And there's still more paperwork to find! Aaahhhh! 😆

Monday night we got to pick our flooring! While I wanted hardwood in the dining room, it was not built in the contract and I had a little bit of sticker shock. So I can live with carpet for now.  I mean we use the room like twice a year? So I don't really care anymore. We also had originally asked for tile in all baths. After talking with the flooring expert, we decided to keep the tile in the powder room and then upgrade vinyl in the 3 full baths. Sticker shock played into that,
along with memories of being on my hands and knees at my parents' house cleaning the grout in the bathroom with a magic eraser. While it worked, I swear my fingers were swollen for days. We (read: I reluctantly) upgraded the vinyl in the laundry room. While I don't have issues closing doors, Aaron does and it drives me crazy. So I let him have the prettier floor. That's no excuse to leave the door open though!! We also upgraded the carpet to get the 8-lb pad for free with the stain resistant carpet. I will update the options page with our selections because I can't recall all the names at the moment. But here's a pic of everything: 

This morning we had our meeting with Structured Cable of Virgina. The meeting was in the Milan model. We really liked that floor plan! We loved the neighborhood it was in but it's too far from everything in our lives. We are getting the 4 cable jacks in the owners suite, bonus room, great room and first floor bedroom. We are thinking about adding an outlet and HDMI drop in to the ceiling in the bonus room for a projector. We will be installing speakers on the deck after closing, but the wiring will be done pre-drywall. Those speakers will be connected through the great room tv so we can grill and have games on or broadcast pandora through the speakers outside. We are still thinking about the security system. It's between that and Verizon Fios (our current cable company- love it!). 

I think that's all the new details. We're going to take a day trip to Williamsburg Friday to look at the Palermo! Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment