9.20.2013

Progress!

Exciting things happening!  We went to the house Wednesday afternoon and found our upper cabinets hanging!
We lost one, but they look so good! These are the Timberlake Maple Espresso.
During the trip on Wednesday, our baseboards were being installed so we didn't stay too long. We did notice the doors were hung. I hope they paint the doors because they look yellow next to the crisp white paint and trim.

I ran by again Thursday night to find all kitchen cabinets in and all bathroom vanities in! (with the exception of the powder room) I am so excited!! The espresso cabinets in the kitchen are supposed to be black, but they have a hint of red in them...and I think I like that.

Looking into the kitchen from the family room. I love the island we chose, the larger gourmet island made me feel a little claustrophobic, and this is so open.

From the dining room entry, looking into the morning room. I may actually wash the dishes with that view.

First floor full bath vanity. Granite is Santa Cecilia and cabinets are Cherry Bordeaux in all bathrooms.

Upstairs guest bathroom vanity. It was very dark.

Master bath vanity. It's very high. It hit me above my belly button; I may need a step stool. The first row of "drawers" are the stupid decorative ones that don't open, so I guess my makeup drawer will be the square one in the middle? I'll figure something out...I think I saw something on Pinterest solving this problem.




I'm not really sure what's next. Our flooring company called and they don't have any of the vinyl we chose, so we have to go back on Monday (a 2 hour round-trip drive...if traffic is good..ugh) to select new vinyl. I'm really perturbed. They should have thought of this back in May, or they need to come to us with samples. They know how far away we live, then they tried to tell me when I had to come in. Um no. You messed up, and I'm not stopping my life to fit your schedule. Plus, it's vinyl. I could care less. We have it in the 3 full baths and the laundry room. We'll keep it in the laundry room, but eventually we're tearing it up and tiling the bathrooms (we can do it cheaper ourselves and get what we actually want, not the limited options through the design center). Also, the flooring appointment was probably the most stressful appointment because Aaron and I didn't agree on much. So, like I said, I'm perturbed. I'm not sure when flooring is supposed to go in, but I know we're close.

No comments:

Post a Comment