9.18.2013

Paint and Decor

I stopped by the house last night and saw that we received our first coat of paint. It's a color I can live with for a while- it's a pretty crisp white, with a hint of silver. I may do some accent walls first just to get some color on the walls, but who knows. Not going to stress about it!

I am slowly starting to purchase things for our home. We close in 40 days, so I should probably get a move on it. I just ordered a set of chairs from Overstock.com for the morning room:
Set of 4: $166!!! They are probably not the most durable, but I don't see them being used too often.
My dad will be building a table for the morning room. He ordered the wood for the table-top from a local lumber yard today. It was $200 for a 45"x75" solid wood piece. He's priced out the legs to be $18, and then a black stain will be under $20 I'm sure. So a 6ftish table for under $250...nice. My inspiration piece is from CB2 (Crate & Barrel's more modern/contemporary store):
Our table will be black, but I love how unique this is. This is smaller than our homemade table, and it's $500!
Now I need to start getting ideas for an entertainment center.  I have a lot of ideas, so I may have to draw something up. The problem I'm finding is that a lot of the styles I like only come in brown or white, and I want black. So building our own it is. We don't have a fireplace, but my dad built this for his home, and I think I want something similar:
We could make the shelving unit straight across and place the TV there. I have a huge hatred of mounted flat screens, so it would be on its base.
We picked up a few knick-knacks at Epcot last week...some prints in France (I love all things French, our current decor is black and white prints and personal photos of Paris, with some pop of color here and there), some dishes in Japan (we love our sushi nights!) and some other things that I can't remember because they're all wrapped up and I don't want to re-wrap them for the move!

There aren't too many BIG items that I need right away. I'd love a sectional, but it can wait- our current sofa is only about 2 years old and will work perfectly in the new family room. I'm sure blinds and curtains will add up, but I'm going to make a priority list (huge window in the powder room on the porch: NUMBER 1 PRIORITY!). We furnished our current home when we moved in 2 years ago with more than enough items, so hopefully we won't have too many empty rooms when we move! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment