8.01.2013

We have an outline of a house!

Well, we are on Day 9! I went by yesterday (Wednesday) when no one was working, and found our entire crawl space complete! It's exciting to actually see the footprint of our home on our lot.  Wow, our yard is tiny. It's very long, but not deep. If/When we put a pool in, it will have to be oddly shaped and maybe at an angle. Or a lap pool!

In regards to the footer rejection, apparently they were allowed to continue and it would be reinspected when there was a finished product? Not really sure about that one, but everyone in the neighborhood had a rejection notice!

I did not get any pictures of the foundation, I will try again tomorrow. We had off and on rain today, so I'm not sure if they got anything done. I have never paid so much attention to weather as I have in the past week!

From looking at the other homes, it looks like the next step is pouring the garage and then waiting for lumber! One house was being framed yesterday, it's been very busy recently!

Brick for our crawl space
Dried gravel in footers

No comments:

Post a Comment