8.09.2013

Framing!

I stopped by on Wednesday to see if any lumber had been delivered. I found a few pieces: 


Then I drove by yesterday thinking I'd find more wood, but I found the first floor framing had started!!!

Front on the house:

Back of the house:

Future porch and front door:

A concern we saw during the foundation phase was that it didn't look like there was a spot for our side service door in the garage. Well, I don't know much about construction but it's kind of evident now. 

Here's a pic of the side garage wall. Does it look like a door is going there?

So I planned on sending an email to our PM but his address wasn't legible (should have checked on that before we left our pre-con meeting). I emailed our SR after business hours so hopefully I will hear back today. If it's too late, I hope they can write it out of the contract or give us the cash for it at closing (it was almost $1000). Then we can just buy a shed. 

Despite the garage door debacle, I'm soooo excited that it's starting to look like a house!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment