6.03.2013

not much going on

Well, we did our final selections last Sunday, the 26th. I updated our Options page with all our exterior colors and such.  I still have to send in our paperwork to the wiring before we can schedule our pre-construction meeting. The only addition we ended up getting are the speakers for the deck that are wired to the great room TV. Our future neighbors are going to hate us...especially during college football season!

The only real news this past week is that I received my furlough notice. I work for the Department of Defense (Navy civilian), so I've known about the possibility of a furlough since January.  Fortunately it was reduced from 22 days to 11 days (unpaid- one day a week), but we won't be able to close until I get a full month's paycheck again.  So, unless there's some miracle in Washington (ha!), it looks like we won't be closing until November. Trying to look at the upside- we will have one more month to save for furniture, fence, etc. and we won't have a mortgage payment in December. Still going to try to pull as many strings as I can and get us to close ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment